Following a Mommy Income lesson here and these are some notes. Mobile has 75% of the searches. The number of characters with useful info should be 60, 80, and 160 characters depending on the device.
Capitalize the first letter of each word.
• Do not capitalize conjunctions (and, or, for), articles (the, a, an), or prepositions with fewer
than five letters (in, on, over, with).
• Use numerals (2 instead of two).
• State the number of items in a bundled product (pack of 10).
• Keep it under 200 characters, but make sure to include critical information. (under 80 is recommended)
• Use only standard text, since special characters or symbols like © will not display in the title.
• Do not include price and quantity.
• Do not use ALL CAPS.
• Do not include information about yourself or your company. If you own the brand, put your
brand information in the brand field.
• Do not include promotional messages, such as “sale” or “free ship.” Follow these instructions
on how to set up promotions (sign in required).
• Use your seller name as the Brand or Manufacturer only if your product is Private Label.
• Do not include subjective commentary, such as “Hot Item,” or “Best Seller.”
Not included above but important: Titles must contain product-identifying information, such as “hiking boots” or “umbrella”.
Character Counter – neat tool to keep a running tally of size of title.